Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Hobby to Call Work

Scrap/y here...

Anyone who talks to Yeti about his job knows that he doesn't really identify his job as work...he likes to call it his hobby that he's lucky enough to be paid to do. 

Well, I'm taking a chapter from his book. 

Photography is one of my favorite hobbies.  Everywhere I go it never fails, I have a camera and am shooting as many photos as I can to capture what I'm seeing and share it.  I just love sharing how I see the world to others.

Over the years, I've traveled to many different parts of the world and have been able to put those trips into some sort of digital archive.  Friends have asked me to take photos for them or design a special something for them, like a Christmas Cards, business cards, etc.  I've been happy to do it because it's something I enjoy spending my time on. 

Now that I'm a Drill Status Guardsman in the Texas Air National Guard, I have more time to enjoy my hobbies.  Yeti kept telling me that I should start doing this photography/design gig as a hobby I get paid for.  So, after about 8 months of contemplating and thinking if I could cut it as a self-employed photographer, I've decided to give it a go. 

As I debated about this decision, many of friends were inspirations to me.  My dear friend Kendra, owns KJane Designs and she just recently added photography her to craft. She actually designed all of our wedding invitations and our guest book. Her talent is truly one-of-a-kind!  High school classmate Kami owns Kami's Kandid Shots, and Alaska friend Dedra is just getting her photography business started as well. 

I'd like to introduce Scrappy Doodles Photography & Design


Scrappy Doodles also has a Facebook page, so go out and like it! 

I am really excited about this new hobby to call work and am excited to learn more about what I love to do, as well as capture other people's memories through my eyes.

1 comment: